|Did you know..?|
- With some 1 billion searches each day, search engines are the gate keepers of the web.
- Search penalties can have a severe impact, effectively removing a website from the net.
- Most penalties are applied for a good reason (e.g. spamming sites). However, in some cases severe penalties are imposed accidentally on legitimate sites - with severe consequences.
- There is currently no penalty notification from search engines.
- In most cases, website owners have no means to confirm the penalty status with the search engine.
- Online businesses waste considerable resource optimizing sites which are penalized, or trying to rectify the cause of a suspected penalty without being subjected to one.
- Search engines leave affected online businesses in the dark. This needs to change. More transparency is required.
- Keep up to date - join our free mailing list.
"Search engines must be more transparent on penalties" - One News Page CEO posts personal video message
The Chief Executive Officer of One News Page Ltd. has posted a personal video message highlighting the crippling impact a search engine penalty had on his global news navigation site www.onenewspage.com. Check out his new video message here:
One News Page CEO calls for greater transparency of search penalties [VIDEO]
In his new video, Dr Marc Pinter-Krainer discusses how even the best-intentioned sites can be instantly crippled by accidental search engine penalties. Despite the ongoing "Have I been penalized..?" campaign for fair and transparent rules relating to search penalties, the major search engines are still failing to provide any appeal mechanisms against penalties or offer any explanation of why sites may have incurred one.